The CFHS follows NEHC rules re: tack, equipment, and class procedure. A rule book is available in the show office at all shows. NEHC rules are also available at their web site.
1. All dogs must be kept on a leash and cannot be left alone in the stable or parking area. They must be kept from entering the show ring. For liability reasons, the Fairgrounds management requests you leave them at home!
2. Exhibitors must pay for all classes in advance or a signed blank check must be left in the show office. Riders must obtain their number before entering the ring.
3. A horse may have more than one rider, but each rider must obtain and pay for a number. A rider may ride more than one horse. Each horse/rider combination will be issued one number and points will be accumulated under each number separately. No horse or rider may compete against themself in one division. Each horse/rider number combo will pay a separate entry fee.
4. A rider may ride both seats in their division but must pay two entry fees to do so. A rider may only enter in one division, example, Jr, Sr, or Adult. (Exception green horse w/t may also enter open classes). Any rider paying for an open division may ride in green horse at a reduced rate however is green horse is your only division; a full class fee will be required. (See example on points page)
5. The management is not responsible for errors or omissions on the published class list.
6. Day stalls are available on the grounds for a $25.00 fee. We ask you to use the same stalls at all shows unless we re-assign you if we are sharing the grounds. Stall assignments will be posted at the barns before the show. Do not take a stall until you have checked to see that it is available. Taking the wrong stall will result in you being asked to move.
7. Exhibitors are welcome to spend the night before the show on the grounds (with adult supervision), providing there is no conflict with other fair events. Please call in advance to confirm availability. If you stay overnight your stall fee for the weekend will be $35.00. This fee will defray the extra use of electric, water and bathroom services and cover the use of the riding arena/ring after dark.
8. Arrival time on the day before the show cannot be before 3:00 pm without prior approval of the show manager.
9. Water is always available on the grounds. Food will be available on the day of the show only. We recommend you bring bedding although it may not always be needed.
10. Proof of negative coggins must be available for all out of state horses (within 12 months). A current rabies vaccination, (within 12 months) is required for all horses on the grounds.
11. No one may approach the judge with any questions without first obtaining permission from management.
12. Classes may be combined or cancelled at the show management’s discretion.
13. Unruly or unsound horses may be excused at the judges or show management’s discretion and the decision of the judge will be final.
14. After the start of the show there will be no refunds except in the case of injury to horse or rider.
15. Exhibitors will receive one number for all shows. You must keep track of this number. If you lose or misplace this number, the office will make you a number to replace it for a $5.00 fee.
16. Walk/Trot classes are for beginner riders NOT beginner horses! Green horses should show in the green horse division.
17. Walk/Trot riders found to be intentionally cantering on the grounds will forfeit points earned for that day. (Exception: Schooling Canter Class)
18. All accounts must be settled and paid in full before end of the day or points for that show will be forfeited.
ACADEMY DIVISION RULES
Riders in this division are students who are currently taking riding lessons and are to be judged on their basic riding skills. The age of the rider must be listed on the entry blank. Horses that are used are to be LESSON HORSES. Class splits will be made at the manager’s discretion if needed. The Academy division will only compete in Equitation and Showmanship/ Pleasure classes, no hack, or trail in this division.
Academy Equitation classes are judged on BASIC equitation skills with correct diagonals and leads All Academy classes are to be judged on the ability of the RIDER to control and show their horses to the best advantage..
Academy Showmanship/Pleasure classes should be judged on the rider’s horsemanship abilities. The horse is NOT to be judged. It should be judged on the rider’s ability to control and show their horse. Promptness in finding the correct diagonals and canter leads are important as well as the rider’s command of the horse. For example: speed, placement in the ring and collectiveness.
RIDER and HORSE ELEGIBILITY A rider MAY NOT enter in any other division at the show.
Mounts must be horses used to give lessons with. Braiding is optional, there are no shoeing restrictions, protective boots are permissible. Horses may cross-enter from the regular horse show to the Academy classes, provided these horses are used as school horses as well as for showing. Horse may show in a snaffle bridle, with martingales allowed, a Pelham, or full bridle. This division is open to all breeds of horses and ponies.
ATTIRE: Helmets approved for horseback riding (not bike helmets) are recommended for all exhibitors but are NOT mandatory. Riders must wear appropriate boots.
SADDLE SEAT: Kentucky Jodhpurs, boots, shirt, and tie. Vest and gloves are optional. NO riding coats or derbies are allowed.
HUNT SEAT: Hunter style jodhpurs, jodhpur boots or paddock boots, shirt and tie or choker, and helmets. Adults may wear breeches and boots. NO riding coats or derbies are allowed.
WESTERN SEAT: Western jeans or slim fitting pants, long-sleeve shirt, ties and chaps are optional, NO western hats are allowed.
ACADEMY DIVISIONS OFFERED AT THIS SERIES: These divisions will run in the following order with both classes, equitation and showmanship/pleasure, running back to back.
ACADEMY WALK/TROT FOR RIDERS UNDER 14 YEARS OF AGE AS OF JAN 1, 2011
ADADEMY WALK/TROT/CANTER FOR ALL AGES THRU ADULTS
ACADEMY SR & ADULT WALK/TROT FOR RIDERS 14 YEARS AND OLDER THRU ADULTS